Last modified: November 17, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Foundation.
- If applicable, through mobile and desktop applications you may download from the Website.
- In the context of your employment or volunteering or an application for employment or volunteering with the Foundation.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at .
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as areas of interest or your organization name; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, co-designers and service providers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, or provide to us directly (in person or otherwise). This includes personal information from members and donors. This also includes information provided at the time of requesting information about volunteering or future employment. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Information that you provide in connection with accessing any resources we provide, including details relating to your use of such resources.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions or donations that you carry out, through the Website or otherwise. You may be required to provide financial and other personal information before making a donation.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and the other services we provide, and to deliver a better and more personalized group of services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate the size and usage patterns of members, donors, volunteers and the general public with whom we interact.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website or services you access according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Provide information across multiple services (including to third party co-designers or other providers who assist with such services) we provide or otherwise make available to our members.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide us with an email to receive our newsletter, we will use that email to send you our newsletter.
- If applicable, to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To process your donations.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with news and general information about products, services and events, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To improve your experience.
- To monitor the usage of the Website.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues with the Website.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Foundation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Foundation about our users is among the assets transferred.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our members, donors, volunteers or Website users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, volunteers, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our mission or otherwise provide services relating thereto and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
- To a successor in the event of an acquisition, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transfer of some or all of the Foundation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Foundation is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Foundation, our volunteers, our employees, our members, our donors, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Links from the Website; Third Party Collection
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. In addition to links from the Website, we cooperate with a number of third parties to provide resources which relate to our services in other formats. These third parties may also independently collect information on their own behalf, in person or through other means, in connection with services provided by us. While we have entered into contractual relationships with many such third parties which address the treatment of information collected in connection with our services, we have no control over third party collection and use of your information or the contents of third-party sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of, or provision of information in connection with, any of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website or otherwise provide information to any third parties, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites or other policies provided by such third parties at the time of collection.
We do not guarantee that you will receive notice or an alert when providing information to a third party or when you leave our Website, and it is your responsibility to determine the party to whom information is being provided or when you have left the Website. Any personal information you provide to a third party, including through linked pages or applications, is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s privacy and other policies. We encourage you to learn about the privacy and security practices and policies of any third party before providing them with personal information.
In part, the safety and security of your information depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website or other services we provide, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we make efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The owner of the Website is based in the State of Missouri in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.