Job Title: Transformation Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Coaching
Location: St. Louis South City
Schedule: Full Time, 40 Hours per week. Schedule varies and will likely include evenings and occasional weekends.
Description of Organization:
Rung for Women’s mission is “to empower women to grow and achieve sustained independence through co-located and coordinated educational, professional, and economic resources.” With several organizations operating under one roof, we offer women (who are our members) a one-stop shop for opportunity.
Rung for Women is seeking three Transformation Coaches who have lived experience in overcoming challenges, personal and professional values that align with Rung’s mission and values, and a way of being that builds immediate trust and genuine connection with our members. We seek coaches who can connect with our members where they are and support members confidently in transcending the unique racial, gender and systemic barriers our members face.
The coaches should have strong listening and coaching skills aligned with ICF core competencies and ethics, including coaching relationship development and management skills, coaching communication and planning skills, the ability to create awareness and action to support our members in moving forward, as well as workshop facilitation and teaching skills. Skills and experience in teamwork and change management as well as an adaptable and dependable character are essential for working with the internal Rung coaching team.
The focus of this job is on supporting our members in creating and achieving their goals from a place of empowerment and holistic self-care, clearly differentiated from providing therapy or consulting, and supporting their ability to stay focused despite changing external conditions.
Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in quickly responding to changing needs. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions to support members’ success.
The job requires building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups supported by a caring, confident and persuasive communication style.
Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job requires teamwork, collaboration and cooperation among coaching team members. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the organization and high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides coaching support for an innovative coaching program for Rung for Women participants (members) which includes a 6-month foundational cohort experience of in-person and/or virtual individual and group coaching and post 6-month coaching follow up. Coaches 15 members each week for a total of 30 members every other week for six months. Connects with members between sessions as needed.
- Creates empowering coaching relationships; facilitates the coaching experience and coaches members in alignment with ICF Core Competencies.
- Facilitates group coaching offerings, workshops and other topics in service of member goals.
- Engages the commitment and participation of members as an essential part of the role.
- Manages logistics and scheduling to support members in completing the coaching program. Completes coaching administration and reporting to support member coaching activities within the operations of the Rung for Women Coaching Program. Handles activities with anticipation of potential problems.
- Supports various coaching program events including Welcome Weekend, Rung Coaching Program, Celebration, and post coaching program activities.
- Works with the coaching team of FT and PT coaches and Director of Coaching to support the Rung for Women Coaching Program.
- Supports and contributes to an internal coaching culture by collaborating with other co-designers, the coach development support specialists, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Serves as an ambassador for Rung for Women and the coaching program to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains trust and credibility personally and professionally as a coach.
- Provides input to the Director of Coaching as requested.
- Seeks professional development to continue to hone his/her coaching skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Some coach training preferred; Completion of a full ICF Accredited Coach Training Program is a plus but not required.
- ICF Credential of ACC or PCC a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in working with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, leading others.
- Familiar with ICF Core Competencies and uses a coaching approach based in those core competencies.
- Personal experience overcoming obstacles and utilizing support (coaching, mentoring, professional development).
- Seen as a natural coach by colleagues and friends.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups and facilitating impactful training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic math skills for addition, subtraction, division, multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, and email.
Certificates and Licenses:
ACC or PCC coaching credential preferred
FT Coaches will be partnered with PT coaches to jointly facilitate coaching groups, either in-person or virtually. Helps to create community in a subset of the larger Rung member cohort. Coordinates to provide backup should a coach be unavailable. Works with the assigned Manager of Membership to provide a supportive member experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Interested candidates should complete the Rung Coach Position Job Assessment (5-7 minutes) , submit a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials, to Rung for Women at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm, on January 18, 2021.