Job Title: Security Receptionist
FLSA Status: Temporary, Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Operations and Customer Service
Schedule: Standard – 40 hours per week
Approved By: President
Approval Date: 8/2020
This is a temporary position through December 31, 2020. It could become a permanent position in 2021.
Description of Organization:
In 2010, Rung’s founder opened a nonprofit resale shop called Rung Boutique which offered professional attire at affordable prices to support women as they climbed the career ladder. After operating the shop for several years, it was determined that women needed much more than professional clothing to get ahead. They needed accelerated pathways to family-sustaining wages, quality childcare, health care, time to take care of themselves and a supportive community of other women who are also seeking a better life.
The founder and board of directors began extensive market research to learn what kind of services were missing for women. They realized that there are many services for women in crisis, but there were not any services focused on women who are surviving but not thriving — women who were ready to do the work but didn’t have a pathway to get ahead.
Born from this research was the concept of Rung for Women – a space to empower women to grow and achieve sustained independence through co-located and coordinated educational, professional, and economic resources. It is a one-stop-shop for women who are ready to work toward the life they deserve!
The building, located in the Fox Park neighborhood of South St. Louis, is 46,000 square feet, and the campus sits on 3.5 acres.
Rung seeks a talented professional to serve as Security Receptionist. The Security Receptionist serves as the welcoming first point of contact for anyone entering the building; ensures the safety of staff, guests, and the property; and provides administrative support. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The Security Receptionist reports directly to the Director of Operations and Customer Service, and will be a full-time position with the following duties:
• Greet all employees, contractors, members, volunteers, and visitors as they enter Rung.
• Answer and transfer calls take messages as needed.
• Receive, sort and forward incoming mail and deliveries.
• Process temporary identification badges.
• Activate/deactivate employee badges as needed.
• Enforce policies/procedures.
• Monitor alarms and cameras.
• Write reports on observations made while on duty.
• Ensure building and campus are safe.
• Conduct periodic checks of the campus to ensure doors are locked and in good
working order, there are no unaccompanied/unauthorized guests, the campus is
free from criminal behavior, etc.
• Intervene if security violations/concerns are identified.
• Provide daily updates to the Director about emerging, ongoing and resolved issues.
• Conduct COVID-19 screening as guests arrive, which includes asking screening questions
and taking touchless temperature.
• Must be able to work Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
• High school diploma, or equivalent.
• Watchman licensing or commensurate experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Commitment to customer service.
• Commitment to teamwork within an organization.
• Strong ability to complete assignments from start to finish with concern for getting work
done on time and correctly.
• Task-oriented. High standards of quality and accuracy.
• Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience with video surveillance technology.
• Trained in first aid.
• Able to pass a criminal background check.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Position is hourly, non-exempt.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials, to
Dotti McDowell at email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, on August 25, 2020.