Job Title: Director of Coaching
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: VP, Programs
Location: St. Louis South City
Schedule: Full Time, 40 Hours per week. Schedule varies and will likely include evenings and occasional weekends.
Description of Organization:
In 2010, Rung’s founder opened a nonprofit resale shop called Rung Boutique which offered professional attire at affordable prices to support women as they climbed the career ladder. After operating the shop for several years, it was determined that women needed much more than professional clothing to get ahead. They needed accelerated pathways to family-sustaining wages, quality childcare, health care, time to take care of themselves and a supportive community of other women who are also seeking a better life.
The founder and board of directors began extensive market research to learn what kind of services were missing for women. They realized that there are many services for women in crisis, but there were not any services focused on women who are surviving but not thriving — women who were ready to do the work but didn’t have a pathway to get ahead.
Born from this research was the concept of Rung for Women – a space to empower women to grow and achieve sustained independence through co-located and coordinated educational, professional, and economic resources. It is a one-stop-shop for women who are ready to work toward the life they deserve!
The building, located in the Fox Park neighborhood of South St. Louis, is 46,000 square feet, and the campus sits on 3.5 acres.
Rung for Women is seeking a Director of Coaching who is an influential leader and visionary who is great at managing and adapting to challenges, perfecting processes and keeping their work team aligned, motivated, and empowered.
The coach should have a strong interest in coaching coupled with natural coaching ability and/or coaching experience. Ideally, the coaching program director also has a relatable and inspiring story that creates a natural bond between the members, coaches, and broader Rung for Women organization.
The focus of this job is on achieving rults which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and
its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on
results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because
environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in
generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the
confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment
of others is essential. A leadership style that is warm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages
others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with
individuals and groups require an outgoing, poised, and persuasive communication style. Because the pace
of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and
adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven
people. Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow up and
accountability for timely results. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency
and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the organization and
high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Development and implementation of an innovative coaching program for Rung for Women participants (members) which includes a 6-month foundational cohort experience of individual and group coaching and post 6-month coaching follow up.
2. Responsible for hiring, onboarding, leading, managing, and supporting the coaching cadre (3 FT direct reports plus several PT direct reports)
3. Responsible for leading and directing the operations of the Rung for Women Coaching Program and continuously innovating to ensure we are serving the members to our fullest ability
4. May also participate as a coach occasionally for breadth of experience and assessing program needs
5. Supports and owns event planning and execution of various coaching program events including Welcome Weekend, Rung Coaching Program, Celebration, and post coaching program
6. Champions the creation of an internal coaching culture by collaborating with other co-designers, the coach development support specialists, and other stakeholders
7. Ambassador for Rung for Women and the coaching program to internal and external stakeholders
8. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The role requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities with carefully calculated risks and anticipation of potential problems
9. Drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential
10. Administer member support activities independently with a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the organization and high standards of achievement are expected in this position
11. Provide input to the Vice President of Programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Equivalent Work Experience
- Some coach training required, Completion of a full ICF Accredited Coach Training Program preferred
- 100 hours of paid coaching experience, 500 hours or more of paid coaching experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated leadership or management experience
- Demonstrated experience in working with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
- Interest or experience in the dynamics and modalities that support human development including coaching, therapy, 12 step programs, other healing modalities, spirituality, etc.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups and facilitating impactful training
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic math skills for addition, subtraction, division, multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical r diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, email
Certificates and Licenses:
ACC or PCC coaching credential preferred
Directly supervise two or more full time coaches and a number of part-time coaches, carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment haracteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the e
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Salary $60,000-$70,000 annual salary
Interested candidates should complete the Director of Coaching Asessment (5-7 minutes) , submit a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials, to Rung for Women at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm, on September 18, 2020.