Job Title: Administrative Manager
FLSA Status: Permanent, Non-exempt
Department: Institutional Advancement and Career Services
Reports To: Vice President, Institutional Advancement and Vice President, Career Services
Location: St. Louis South City
Schedule: Standard – 40 hours per week
Description of Organization:
In 2010, Rung’s founder opened a nonprofit resale shop called Rung Boutique which offered professional attire at affordable prices to support women as they climbed the career ladder. After operating the shop for several years, it was determined that women needed much more than professional clothing to get ahead. They needed accelerated pathways to family-sustaining wages, quality childcare, health care, time to take care of themselves and a supportive community of other women who are also seeking a better life.
The founder and board of directors began extensive market research to learn what kind of services were missing for women. They realized that there are many services for women in crisis, but there were not any services focused on women who are surviving but not thriving — women who were ready to do the work but did not have a pathway to get ahead.
Born from this research was the concept of Rung for Women – a space to empower women to grow and achieve sustained independence through co-located and coordinated educational, professional, and economic resources. It is a one-stop-shop for women who are ready to work toward the life they deserve!
The building, located in the Fox Park neighborhood of South St. Louis, is 46,000 square feet, and the campus sits on 3.5 acres.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. The job environment is stable, based on known relationships with people and well-defined processes. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers. Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from sufficient on the job experience. Consistent, error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The Administrative Manager will report to the Vice President, Institutional Advancement and Vice President, Career Services and will be a full-time position with the following duties:
- Develop policies and procedures for and manage Rung’s external relations CRM system (Salesforce NPSP platform)
- Manage Rung’s donor stewardship process, including generating thank you letters, receipts and other correspondence
- Organize and facilitate event planning.
- Act as point of contact for external relations constituents in person and remotely.
- Provide administrative support for two teams.
- Answer and transfer calls, taking messages as
- Reply to email, telephone and face to face inquiries.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Organize and schedule meetings and prepare minutes of meetings from notes and/or recordings.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems.
- Provide coverage at the front desk for the receptionist during break and meal periods.
- Provide regular updates to the Vice Presidents about emerging, ongoing and resolved
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with occasional evening and weekends.
- High school degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred
- High level of organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Commitment to customer
- Commitment to teamwork within an
- Strong ability to complete assignments from start to finish with concern for getting work done on time and
- Task-oriented. High standards of quality and
- Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and
- Experience with a CRM system management required; Salesforce strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and
- Able to pass a criminal background
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Team, Outlook, and SharePoint, and Salesforce or a similar CRM.
No direct reports
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is exempt.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials, to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete this 5-min assessment no later than 5:00 pm, on February 20, 2021.